- S4154/A5981- Revises expungement eligibility and procedures, including new “clean slate” automated process to render convictions and related records inaccessible; creates e-filing system for expungements; eliminates expungement filing fees; appropriates $15 million to DLPS for implementation. Low-level marijuana convictions to be sealed. Senator Chris Brown voted NO. Assemblymen Armato & Mazzeo voted YES. Signed by Governor Murphy.
- S4260/A5823 – Removes prohibition on voting by persons convicted of indictable offense who are on parole or probation. Senator Chris Brown voted NO. Assemblymen Armato & Mazzeo voted Yes. Signed by Governor Murphy.
- S758/A1987 – Requires incarcerated individual from State to be counted at residential address for legislative redistricting purposes. Ends prisonbased gerrymandering. Senator Chris Brown voted NO. Assemblymen Armato & Mazzeo voted YES. Passed both Houses, awaiting Governor signature.
- S589/A422 – Requires Secretary of State to establish secure Internet website for online voter registration; authorizes use of digitized signatures from New Jersey Motor Vehicle Commission’s database. Senator Chris Brown voted NO. Assemblymen Armato & Mazzeo voted YES. Passed both Houses, awaiting Governor signature.
- A4743/S3229 – Creates two categories of driver’s licenses and identification cards; allows residents unable to prove lawful presence in US to receive permits, and standard driver’s licenses or identification cards; permits MVC to increase certain fees. Senator Chris Brown, Assemblymen Armato & Mazzeo voted NO.
Bills and Joint Resolutions Signed by the Governor
- SCR183 Proposes constitutional amendment to legalize cannabis for personal, non-medical use by adults who are age 21 years or older, subject to regulation by Cannabis Regulatory Commission. Senator Chris Brown & Assemblyman Armato voted NO. Assemblyman Mazzeo voted Yes.
Resolutions and Concurrent Resolutions Filed w/Sec. of State